What is ESNcard?
The ESNcard is the membership card of ESN which means that you can access to all the services offered by the ESN and our partners. With the ESNcard, you will enjoy thousands of discounts (housing, sport, food, bars, etc.) all over Europe. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to participate in thousands of events (trips, cultural events, sports activities and parties) all year long. The aim of the ESNcard is to support and give opportunities to international students during and after their exchange.
You can get the ESNcard, if you belong to one of the following groups:
Erasmus+ International incoming students;
International incoming students or trainees on a mobility programme, outside of Erasmus+;
International undergraduate or postgraduate full degree students;
ESNers or ESN Estonia
Alumnies of ESN Estonia
The ESNcard is distributed in almost all the countries where ESN is present by the ESN sections, which are non-profit student organisations. The ESNcard can be obtained exclusively from your local ESN section in your destination city. If you are an ESNer, an Alumnus, or a Buddy and you are not in mobility, you can obtain your ESNcard from the local ESN section as long as you are volunteering for the organisation.
In Estonia you can get ESNcard from any of our Local Sections. They usually have office hours at least once a week.
ESN Tallinn (Raekojaplats 16)
ESN TalTech IC (Tallinn Technical University, U01-125)
ESN TU IC (Tallinn University, S-141)
ESN EBS (A.Lauteri 3, room 208)
ESN Tartu (Pikk 14, office 206)
To get your ESNcard, you will have to fill in ESNcard application (you can find information it contains below). Additionally you will need to bring following things with you:
- Document-size photo. The native size on the card is 2.7 cm x 3.7 cm.
- Some kind of ID.
- ESNcard costs 12 euros in Estonia.
It consists of several fields; all must be filled in in the process of issuing the card:
- Photo field (for a photograph of the card holder; with a photo size of 2.7 cm x 3.7 cm )
- Name (for name and surname of the card holder)
- Date of birth
- Higher education institution name
- ESN section (either the issuing section or home section of the card holder)
- Country (home country of the card holder)
- Validity (it's valid for 12 months since the date on the card)
- Card number (unique number of each card)
- Bar code and magnetic bar